Who doesn’t enjoy doing a relaxing, skin reviving face mask at home? Here are some different masks for you to try that will help you wind down and blow off some stress! They’re fun and easy to make – and include common household ingredients, enjoy!For All Skin Types
Oatmeal and Yogurt Face Mask
- 1 tbsp oatmeal, finely ground
- 1 tbsp live, organic yogurt (skip the flavored stuff)
- A few drops of honey
Add the yogurt to the oatmeal in a small bowl and mix together.Warm a few drop of honey. To do this, warm a spoon under hot water for a minute, then add a few drops of honey to the spoon.Stir the honey into the yogurt and oatmeal mixture.Apply the mask to the face. Leave it on for 10 minutes, then rinse off with several splashes of warm water. Follow with a warm washcloth.Apply moisturizer.
- 4 Tbsp. finely ground espresso or coffee beans (I use my own grinder, but already ground coffee and even instant coffee work, too)
- 4 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder (your basic Hersheys is perfect here)
- 8 Tbsp. dairy product. Choose whole milk, heavy cream, yogurt (must be unflavored!), almond milk or coconut milk. Use less dairy if you like a thicker paste. Substitutions are allowed: Try an egg instead of dairy if you are an egg mask lover, or substitute oils, such as olive oil, extra virgin coconut oil or almond oil if you have dehydrated skin. If using oils, halve the amount or it will be too runny.
- 2 Tbsp. honey (if you have dry skin) or lemon juice (if you have oily skin)
If you have whole beans, finely grind beans in a grinder. Remember, beans should be finely ground so they don’t scratch your face. If you just made coffee, you can use the freshly brewed coffee grounds, although they won’t contain as much caffeine.Mix coffee and cocoa powder in a bowl.Add the dairy product and stir until a smooth paste forms. You can use less dairy if you like a thicker paste.Stir in the honey. (I like to warm up the honey in a warm water bath or in the microwave so it mixes better).Apply the paste to your clean face and neck.
Let the mask dry.
Wet a washcloth and press it to your face to loosen the mask, then rinse with warm water. If you have sensitive skin, you should avoid rubbing your face because the coffee grounds could potentially scratch your skin. It’s really up to you, you’ll get a feel for what your skin can take and how finely ground the coffee is.
You can store the leftover paste in the refrigerator for several days.
Egg Whites and Yogurt Mask
- 2 egg whites, separated from the yolk and placed in a bowl
- 2 tablespoons of plain yogurt (I like Greek yogurt)
Yogurt Face Mask
- 1 cup natural yogurt (we like it just-out-of-the-fridge cold because it’s creamy and thick)
- ½ cup oatmeal (any type of basic oatmeal works here)
Apply to the skin for 10-15 minutes.
Wash off mask with a washcloth steamed in the microwave (careful that it’s not too hot).
- 6 fresh strawberries
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
De-stem the strawberries, and cut them up into small pieces. Create a pulp from the strawberries by mashing them with a fork or the bottom of a glass cup. Place the pulpy strawberries into a bowl.Add lemon juice, brown sugar and honey. Stir until combined.You can add more of any of the ingredients to create a consistency you like.Apply mask to face for 10 minutes and remove with a warm wet washcloth.
Banana and Honey Mask
- 1/2 mashed banana
- 1/4 cup oatmeal, cooked with milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 egg whites
- 3 tsp honey
- 1 cup strawberries
- Optional: 4 drops of your favorite essential oils
De-stem the strawberries and mash them with a fork until they are a pulp.Add the other ingredients and mix them together with a whisk.Smooth over face. Let it stay for 10 minutes, then rinse.
Cucumber and Oatmeal Mask
Take a small cucumber piece, one tablespoon of yogurt and a cup of oatmeal. Chop cucumber into small pieces and put it in a blender. Put yogurt and oatmeal also in the blender and make a smooth paste. Apply this on the face and leave it for 10 minutes and rinse. This cleanses the skin pores effectively.
- 1/2 boiled apple
- One teaspoon of honey
- Two teaspoons of ground oatmeal
Mix all the ingredients until you get an uniform mixture, apply on the face for ten minutes and wash carefully afterward.
For Dry Skin
- 1 tsp powdered milk
- 1 tbsp runny honey (microwave in microwavable bowl for 5 seconds)
- 1 tsp aloe vera gel
- 2 drops essential oil (tea tree oil, eucalyptus oil, rose hip oil etc)
Avocado and Jojoba Oil Mask
Mash one-half of a ripe avocado with one teaspoon of jojoba oil. Apply over the face and neck. Wash the face clean with a wash cloth after 10 minutes.
Chocolate Avocado, Honey, Oatmeal Face Mask
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup organic honey
- 2 Tbsp smashed avocado
- 3 tsp oatmeal powder (leave this out if making soft fudge, leave in if you want a harder texture)
Preparation:Mix all the ingredient until mass is consistent.
Apply on face, gently massaging so oatmeal can start exfoliating the dead skin cell layer.
Leave on for 15-20 minutes
Rinse off with lukewarm water.